Sunday, March 21, 2010

In loving memory


How can I go so long without posting in between? Maybe lack of time? Maybe laziness? Maybe nothing to say? Hmmm..defintiely not the latter ;-D!
So since my last post, I finished the Dumbledore sweater. LOVED it!! Fit pretty good! Super soft! Beautiful colors! And I made it! All by myself! Did you notice the use of past tense there?
He died. He was survived by myself and 1.75 left over skeins of yarn and some beautiful ebony wood circular needles bought just for the occasion. DH killed him. Washed him in the washing machine after specific instructions to not touch the laundry in the hallway closet as my sweater was in there and should not even see the laundry room. You see, I was going to give him a loving wool-soap-sudsy bath that evening. Well, DH forgot and tried to "help" out and washed my poor dumbly-doo. He now has pipe-cleaners for arms, a neck hole that will only fit over Easy, and for some wierd reason, an abnormally wide short body. Al that shaping, all those modifications, all those long evenings caring him to life...Ho-hum. I have decided to put him to rest in the winter clothes box and next winter I will try to work some magic on him...I will perform surgery to amputate his pipecleaner arms and knit several rows onto the bottom and see what happens. Right now the pain is too fresh - but I . must. go . on SOB
ROFLOL that is a big sob but it's funny that it cuold also be a reference to how i'm feeling about DH right now. Hahahahaha
So in loving memory, here are a few pictures of Dumbledore's short life - how ironic that his namesake lived so long... Until next winter, sweet prince, rest in peace.

5 comments:

caracolina said...

I feel your pain! What a mess. I hope he said "sorry"... Forgiving ain't easy, that's for sure. And I know your heart will go on, because you're strong that way.

Rebecca said...

LOL! yes, I know, despite the heartbreak i will survive...
hugs to you!

NextVanGogh said...

oh my gosh, that is so sad. I'm sorry for your loss.

Kendra said...

That stinks! BUT, it was a beautiful sweater. While it lasted! Maybe Alex could wear it?

ChelleC said...

Ohhh!!! No!!! That really is so painful. He was probably just trying to help out, God love it, but please don't help right? Yikes. Sorry to hear this. It looked good on you too, really good.