Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I am feeling a little overwhelmed with my stash and ufo pile again.
Thanks to a little picture treasure hunt going on at eat sleep knit, my fave online yarn store (see sidebar for link), i had to get a picture of myself with my whole stash in my eat sleep knit shirt.
S0561112
This motivated me to organize it a little better. I had gotten lazy with new additions. Also ravelry didnt have the "stored in " info on the stash page the last time i organized so going through it all i was able to be a little more specific.
I'm still in the process but much happier as things fit better and look better and i have a big shopping bag full of stuff to give away again.
AND i took advantage of this organizing time to reevaluate all the ufo's i had hanging around.
I have decided to give a few more up - yarn and all.

After all of this here's what i have left for my WIPs (works in progress).  NB : i have been informed i'm an alongaholic. I think this is a very accurate accusation :") and accounts for the high number of WIPs :P

S0102011
This is my matterhorn hat, knit out of madeline tosh vintage for the madmay kal.
I am nearly done and really want to finish this up +++

S0122013

This is my 3 in 1. i looooove this sweater! i ordered mad tosh sock just for this with baltic, which i find to be one of the most beautiful MT colors, as the main color. Thing is the colors didnt play well together :( so i had to rip out a good bit and start over with some greenish malabrgo silky merino i had in stash. MUCH better. but i kind of got annoyed with it because i could have been near finished if i hadnt had to rip out so much and too i look at how much i have left and i go... aaaaghhhh!!! this is a fall sweater anyhow so once i get a few wips and projects i have buzzing around in my head out of the way, i'll get back to this.

S0142017

I got my wheel back out!!!! Thanks to MA spinning and knitting swap :D
This is some massam that julia sulkycat gifted me a while back. i like how it's spinning though i had a little trouble at first with drafting - first because of loooong fiber length but mostly because of a slight felting prob from the dying process.

S0142017
whoa!!! this is one heck of a challenge for me lol. takes a lot of concentration so it hasnt been getting much attention lately. my brain is a little busy with kidd-o probs and getting my ped nurse school applications going and doing my career counseling and and and sigh.... i hope to finish this by Christmas for RĂ©mi.
S0172020

S0192022
SCREAM!!!!!!!! this is the bane of my existance, the reason i havent touched my machine in months, the cause of all my sewing angst...It's the same dress as my red starry dress. since red starry fit me this should too right?! wrong :(. The mods i made on red starry didnt work on this one. thing is red starry isnt perfect. i had to have a friend help me with the bust. even after fiwxing it i noticed it still didnt fit just right. the bust darts are a little off and bust still a little tight but with a little bag underneath.  the cotton quilting fabric has some give and drape though so it's ok.  the fabric in this dress is ... wierd?  it's, well, i dont know what it is. i had assumed it was cotton. or a dotton blend. but it feels kind of stiff and almost waxy. and the bust darts being in the wrong place is blatant on this one!!! i have to take the timeto figure out how to redraft the whole darn bust again :'(!!!! so i just stare at the machine and feel nervous and queazy lol.

S0202023
this is a sweater i bought and love other than the fact that it didnt fit quite right in the bust. i had to purchase a larger size because of the bust but as is often the case this makes shoulders and neck not fit right. usually not a big deal but in this top's case, since the neck and bust is so unique, that did make a huge difference.
I think i've managed a decent fix on it.  So far it's just basted. All i need to do now is go in and sew the seams correctly.

S0222026
This is my newest WIP and a huge flick off to the butterfly dress lol.  I made the skirt of the red starry and butterfly dresses and for the top i decided to draft my own like the red top i had been fixing.  i messed up on the top but like how it tirned out anyways. i have basted to see fit and style of top. now i need to go in and sew it up correctly.  i did the whole thing in one afternoon!!! cutting and basting and all! pretty proud of myself. but now i have no idea how to go about the finishing.
it's a knit. and whereas i LOVE how it's so forgiving!!!!!!!! i mean, no fit probs with this baby!  i don't have any inkling how to do the neck and sleeve hems!

S0232027
plain old self striping afterthought heel socks just to have something mindless to knit when i cant think farther than "knitknitknitknitknit"

S0242028
a pair of socks i test knit and need to finish and send info back to designer (thank you elliebean for opportunity to test knit for you)

S0262030
the spinalongknitalong swap i'm doing. this is yarn my friend femke spun and i'm knitting it up to give back to her. this is to be finished by end of may. YIKES!

S0272031
this is a very very old ufo. i love it sooo much and will one day finish it. one of the few old wips i have kept.

PHEW!!!! do you have that many wips dragging you down hanging around? How do you deal with your UFO's? Do they stress you out or not bother you at all.

6 comments:

Tini said...

If you need help with the knit dress neckline and like to skype, just let me know

Elle said...

Becca,
Glad to see you back posting again. I've missed you. Good luck with finishing your UFO's. I'm working through mine as well and making good progress.

Rebecca said...

oh tini that's such a sweet offer! i work like a crazy woman all weekend but i might hit you up on that when i get time to sit with that dress if i cant figure it out. thank you!

Rebecca said...

thanks liana :D you know how life gets in the way ;). i always am glad to see you post too <3

Tiddy and Charlie. said...

What a lot of stash! It makes my 2 ball collection look miniscule :o) Do you think you will have knitted it all in time for Christmas? Charlie x

Rebecca said...

lol! doubt it :P een my very last christmas on earth probably wont be enough time lol