Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 - you got to let love rule

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you!

Second of all, I'm behind in reading blogs so sorry if I havent commented recently. Life got the better of me. Kendra, I have been checking on yours for an update. I'm worried about you and am still praying for you. Hope you are doing ok and that 2010 will be so much kinder to you.

And finally, my Nex Year's Resolutions. Inevitable, right? Always broken within the week, right? Well, I did great this year. Didn't even get them formalized and out on paper before I broke any semblance of what I was thinking about on ...Jan 1!!!!!
So, tomorrow, Jan 6 is officially Jan 1 for me. And I'm going to be kind to myself. No stupid too high goals that I'm bound to break.
2010 is my year of LOVE!
1. Let go and let God.
God is Love. Let go and let Love.
Love is patient, love is kind,
Love is not rude and is not self-seeking.
Love holds no account of wrongdoing.
Love is not easily angered.
Love protects, hopes, trusts, perseveres.
2. Love myself. You can't love anyone else until you love yourself.
No more negative talking to myself (i cant do that, i'll never
manage, a terrible mother, person, friend, wife, nurse, ...)
When a negative thought comes up I will take a breath and find a
way to make it positive.
3. Love my children and my husband.
No more negative talking to my family (cant you just blablabla,
you never blabla, you always blablabla...)
When a negative thought comes up I will take a breath, shut my mouth
and if necessary leave the room until i can recompose myself.

In 2010 I will let LOVE (God) be my force for change. I will CHOOSE love!

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Rebecca, you are so inspiring to me. Your "love" resolutions are great. And I especially appreciate the one about loving yourself and being forgiving of yourself. None of us are perfect, but I can tell from your blog that your heart is in the right place. Happy New Year!