Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Birthday reality check

Christophe and I got to spend the day together as the kids went to play with some kids. Let me tell you about these kids. A-MA-zing! Two 11 yr old twin boys, an 8 year old girl and a 1 year old girl. The mom is russian, the dad is english and they have a house here in france. they have gone to french schools but this year they are living in england and going to a russian school there. they also have russian nannies. These kids speak russian french and english almost one as well as the other though i think their strongest language is english. They talk to their mom in russian and turn around without batting an eye and speak to christophe in french and then address me in english, again without being in the least bit fazed by any of this. Jaw dropping... And I feel pretty useless as i can't manage to get my kids to speak english worth a flip. i've failed them miserably :( !
Anywho... today was the first day of the summer sales so dh took me to Beziers to go clothes shopping for my birthday which was very sweet though i didn't get anything cause for some stupid reason this season's designers have decided that women need extra layers of material either ballooning or tiering around boobs belly and butt. I don't know many women who can carry that look off or who want to add volume to those areas...
We then went to eat a chinese restaurant and then went to see the new terminator. I was very excited to get to see schwarzi nekkid :D Thought he wasn't in this one but they did some kind of computer thing so he was there in the buff but 20 years younger. That was the highlight of my day :)/
So, reality check?

Kendra, I just backtracked to add in a special note just for you. as you are about to turn 35 too, if you are already feeling depressed about your age, just stop reading here.

Dh and I started talking about the future and technology and what will it be like in 50 years yada yada yada and he goes "not like we'll be here anyway. you know, we're at the half way point in our lives. 70 is pretty old. if you make it that far in pretty good shape you should consider yourself lucky. any extra years is just bonus time." and i'm like, urhg..... i'll be 35 tomorrow. that is exactly half of 70. these past 35 years have FLOWN by. So, well, i feel like my life is pretty much on the downward slope now already??? yikes! scary thought. it is wierd. i feel so immature and not grown up at al. and yet my body definitely looks old with all it went through during my pregnancies. and my age is getting very close to the 40 mark...
hmmm, kendra, hope you heeded my warning i just went back in and added. don't want you getting depressed about this ;)
Really, i'm joking about being depressed about it. it is just wierd. it's really a reality check. it's hitting me. moreso than turning 30 for some reason.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday early. wanted to be the first one. love you, mama

Kendra said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Kendra said...

I read the disclaimer AND still kept reading. I didn't want to miss anything. I sounds like you and dh enjoyed your day together. Days like that are great, aren't they?

And, I think you are doing just fine with your kids. You should go back and read what you wrote on my blog. I think applies to you too!

caracolina said...

Happy birthday, belatedly! Glad you had a good time with Christophe. Oh, and I second the comments about current fashions. I want to learn to sew just so I can make my own clothes.

sulkycat said...

oi! i am 43! and i plan on having a lot of fun, and a lot of years in me yet - 70 isnt old anymore, i plan on at least another 40 years on this planet - enjoy every minute, and a very happy birthday to you, lovely becca! xx