Carole asks us why we knit this time
Will i make it to ten on this?
- I love how all the different yarns feel, behave, knit up. so much fun experimenting with different fibers and blends
- I love the colors. what beautiful colors :D playing with them, arrranging them in my decorative baskets (yes, yarn is about as far as my home decorating capacities go :") ), finding the perfect color combo for a two colored shawl or a striped sweater, dreaming up colors for the gorgeous colorwork patterns i never manage to get the courage to work on;
- the camaraderie and encouragement of the knitting community, esp my ravelry monthly adventure friends
- all the beautiful patterns i stalk and envision and plan for even though 99% of them never come to fruition :")
- well, now that i have ALL THAT
STASHSABLE!!! i've got to do SOMETHING with it 8^O
- being able to gift loved ones with something that came from the heart and the hands(lookat how sweet and cute my little girl was back then ;D - she still is ;) )shawl made for a woman who helped me through a very difficult time and is very near and dear to my heart but with whom i havent spoken in forever and to whom i still have not gifted this shawl...i'm using whom a lot and i never use that word lolmy nanny
- wearing something that i know i made with my own hands :Dle sigh...R.I.P. poor sweater :/
- wearing something that i know is in luxurious fiber - my own little secret :Dsoftest merinogloves = 100% cashmere gifted by a lovely MA friend (lisa) and whom i think of everytime i wear them and sweater = merino cashmer and silk - hello! lovely? uh, yes!!!!
- starting a project - such an exciting part of the process :D
- finishing something - almost as exciting.OMG i
lookwas so young in that pic!
- sorry, i have to include one more (and here i thought i wouldnt get to 10 lol!). Always having somethig in my hands, makes me feel like i'm not wasting my time, like i have something to show for that tv time or waiting room time or or or. though i too often feel like my knitting is also a waste of time that i should feel guilty for which is kind of split personality like of me...
i never really had an answer to it.
and looking over my list of why i like to knit, i still cant figure it out.
i think the planing and imiginative part of the process really stands out in my mind (process), as does the wearing of the finished object (project).
What about you? are you a project or a process knitter?