Today's ten on tuesday in honor of mother's day is your 10 favorite tv moms
I dont really know what this says about the kind of mother i am, but...here goes lol
- Lois from malcolm in the middle. she is one tough cookie, slightly crazy and a little off whack in her mothering style, over-bearing and hysterical, bordering on psychopathic but she really loves her kids and her husband and tries to hold it all together. Like me, she has trouble navigating between kids so utterly different from one another and distinguishing what's her business from what's not. Also, like me, her kids are totally embarrassed by her. I think she even copied her crazed mom look from spying on me.
- Peg from Love and Marriage. She's hilarious and she makes moms like me look good ;). 'nuff said. No, i will add my fave ever scene, she was making something from scratch in the kitchen (a rare event) with a nasty cigarette haningn out her mouth and droppig ashes all over the place including inthe bowl she was mixing.
- Marge from the Simpsons. Poor Marge. Like Lois, and like me, she is pulled in a bazillion directons with her crazy brood and husband. Though she seems to have better parenting skills than i do! egads!
- Caroline Ingalls. Is there a better mom?
- Carol Brady. Just 'cause i loved the show but she seemed kind of absent as a mom. I dont think she worked did she? But it was always Alice who seemed to be there for the kids.
- Alice from Alice. Hard working single mom, trying to raise her teenage son. Devoted, safe and sure, hard-working
- Not a mom per say, but Mrs Garrett who had a mom's role toward the girls in her boarding shool. KInd, wise, loving, sympathetic and caring. Knew when to speak and when to listen, when to let the girls figure it out and when to step in.
- Another not mom but 2 people collaborating in a mom role, Mr Drummond and Pearl from different strokes.
- Roseanne. what a smart aleck! too funny. but she wont get any awards for best mom. there was a horrible sibling rivalry thing going on that she never seemed to notice or adress or maybe she even perpetuated it? She had same thing going on with her own sister. My kids dont get along well at all and i thik it's the bain of my existance. There's nothing more important to me than for those two to love and support one another. and i try so hard to foster that to no avail. But bad mom or not, she's hilarious.
- Cant think of anymore faves though i'm sure some will come to me; So i'll go with least faves : Mrs Olsen also from Little house on the prairie. You get the best mom and the worst in the same episode. But are we not all the best and worst? hmmmm