Monday, August 29, 2011

L is for

Love.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Co 13: 4-8
Love is all we need. Let's strive daily for love. Let's let lve be the guidefor all our choices. I try to remember this daily though i fail all the time, because i am human, i am not perfect. I am selfish and impatient (i think the two are inextricably entwined) and i think those are my true nemesis - what i really need to pray about and battle.
But even as i fail, the impetus is always there, so hope is always there.
What does love mean to you?
Do you feel loved? (The Bible says God loves us, so you are loved, but I know I for one find that hard to believe sometimes. But it's not because we dont always believe something that it's not true.)
Have you shown someone love today?
What did you do to show them love?
I'm interestedin hearing (reading ;) ) what your thoughts are on love, loving, being loved.
If you're reading this, you're friend or family.
And friend/family member, I love you :D
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you! mama

Rebecca said...

well now THAT is something showing love - and it made my day :D
i love you too mom!

casapinka said...

I don't "love" that saying because i fail all the time in my love relationships. But I constant strive to do right by them and learn. Like you said, we're human, not perfect, and we love like humans.