Monday, January 3, 2011

Back in the swing of things

Back home. Back to work.
But not back to same old same old! This is a new year right?
Last year's goal of LOVE, Let go and Let God...well, I need to work on that some more but I tell you what, God is working some craziness in my life in spite of me - He's really holding to His promises. I think I need to get out of His way and let Him do His thing so I'm trying to just embrace it.
Since I've been back from USA, I've been amazed at Christophe! How he's interacting with me - what I'd always hoped for! Listening to me when I talk - we went for a nice walk sans kiddos yesterday and I discussed my concerns about how we're raising our kids and talked about some of the things Di and Henry shared with me about how they deal with their kids and suggestions they made about punishment, encouragement, promoting responsibility and initiative.
He listened, commented, shared his ideas, thought that the things Di and Henry suggested were great ideas... So we decided on a course of action for that evening (we had asked kids to clean their rooms and do homework) and implemented it together. It went over very smoothly and there was no frustration in the checking up on all of their tasks - Christophe helped me make sure all was good and we praised and encouraged the kids on what they had done and told them what was expected of them over the week and what they could expect in return in function of their decisions.
And it's not just that - he hasnt hounded me about the inevitable weight gain (htough he did notice :P) and has been loving and kind anyway. totally unexpected!
I feel good about the year to come and hope I will have the fortitude motivation and discipline on my part to make things work spiritually, emotionally, physically, and in my family life and my work life.
I feel 2010 was a tough year for many and felt certain 2011 would be better. Don't know about you guys but it seems to be off to a good start for me.
I WISH YOU ALL A WONDERFUL 2011 FULL OF LOVE, HOPE, HEALTH, FRIENDSHIP, and LAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you all for being my friends and supporting me through 2010. I hope I can be there foryou when you need it.

1 comment:

caracolina said...

Happy New Year from Arizona!! I'm glad to hear things are off to a hopeful start for 2011!