Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just in case

Dianne brought up a good point - people may no longer recognize me! Since I'll be home in a couple of weeks, thought I'd save you the trouble. Here's me after yesterday in Montpellier:
It took from 10 to 4 to get my stupid hair done! First, cut out old color as much as possible, then "décoloration" which lasts 45 minutes, then extra stuff on tips since they were darker than roots, then the color which was supposed to be strawberry blond but turned out pink. I actually kind of liked it but the hairdresser was like "uhuh! I am not letting you leave my salon like that!" So he uncolored it. Then he had to finish tidying up the cut. I had had ENOUGH by the time he was done and didn't give a crap what my hair looked like as long as he would let me leave! It could have been green and I would have smiled and said "great! see ya!"
DH (you may now read that darling husband - things are going MUCH better now - THANK GOD!!!!) doesn't like it - says i look like an albino... Kids are now calling me cameleon. They didn't recognize me when I came to pick them up at school (second time that's happened this year!)
But, you know what, I don't care cause I like it! So there!

While I'm posting, here are my latest finished objects. A yoga butt saver mat and a shrug:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey becca, i like it. course i like short hair. u better be careful tho, people will think u look like me. love the hair cut and color is cute. can't wait to see it LIVE!!!! love mama

Kendra said...

I love the color and cut too! And I'm not just saying that to be nice. We all know I don't say ANYTHING just to be NICE. I wish I could wear my hair as short as the Ladd girls do! I'm working on it though! Did Dianne and Allison tell you my hair is MUCH shorter? Oh - you mom saw it too!

Hope said...

LOVE the cut and color, you got the head for it...I got this big ole round head that would look like a bowling ball haha.

Hope you are doing good...

Nicci said...

It doesn't matter if DH and the kids like it as long as you do!

I love the shrug you made. It's adorable.