Saturday, April 12, 2008

FORE! I mean FOUR!!!!

Not a happy post today though. My grandfather is very ill. He was diagnosed with cancer around november and the radiotherapy apparently was successful but he's been in the E.R. (and hospitalized) three times in the past month. This time he has pneumonia on top of an "alteration de l'etat général" (sorry, my nursing language is french!). I'm afraid he won't be able to hang in there until June. I won't be able to come home until then for money reasons and because I just had two weeks sick leave because of all the crap going on right now (I know, I'm absolutely ridiculous and am a complete pansy for taking sick leave from a nervous breakdown, but the last day I worked, the doctor kept me druggedup on tranxene just to make it through the day without laying down next ot my patients to ball my eyes out)
Anyhow, I know dad and my sisters understand but I feel guilty vis à vis Nanny and my aunts, uncles, and cousins. I don't know that they will understand my not being there and am afraid they will take it for me not even caring.
I don't know how to pray for Granddaddy right now - healing or a painless and rapid release... As always, your prayers are greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Nicci said...

Oh, Becca. I'm so sorry. You and your grandfather will be in my prayers.

On another note, taking 2 weeks off work in light of what you've been through is nothing. Don't feel ashamed or like a "pansy" for that. When I went through a bad time, I spent 3 days in bed before a friend called and "kidnapped" me. If I'd had a doctor to give me drugs and 2 weeks off, I'd have been all over it.

Hang in there, girl.

Kendra said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather. He is SUCH a nice man! I will be praying for all of you. Please keep me up to date of his condition! Please!

When it rains, it pours, huh?