I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving! This year seems to have just absolutely flown by! I wanted to take time today to be thankful publicly for what I'm thankful for daily.
So here's a forewarning : do not read this if you're allergic to sentimental sap!
Now really, do take my warnings seriously. Apparently I might have offended some with one of my other forewarned posts. I hereby forego any responsibility of psychological damage that may spring from the reading of my corny, sappy, cheesy, stupid, badly-written, misguided, uninformed, bad-tasted or just plain hog-wash posts!
So, here's the top five list:
5. My comfy, soft, downy, pillowy bed. I love it! I feel bad sometimes when I get in it at night and think of all the people who don't even have a place to lay their head.
Thank you, God, for providing for me and my family.
4. My job. In a country where unemployment is so high, where I'm an alien, and where I had no training, I was very blessed to have been given the opportunity to go to school for free, to get hired (the public hospital told me they did not hire foreigners) in a respectable, team-spirited based clinic, and to meet lots of friends at school and in the workplace. I complain a lot about the stress and the time away from the kids. But this opportunity has done a lot for me as far as helping me integrate in France.
Thank you , God, for bringing me to a place where you can use me daily for helping others.
3. Growth. I sometimes feel so discouraged when I look at all my faults. I feel like I'm good at nothing and good for nothing. And until recently I've been so filled with doubt ever since I was about 18. Does God exist? If He does, why would He care about me? But, He has been patient and merciful and my faith has grown through my experiences. And I have grown through my experiences. And now I can be hopeful and thankful instead of discouraged and helpless when I realize that I am loved for who I am no matter how useless I may feel. Thank you, God, for your mercy and grace.
2. Friends. I have been so blessed! My friends! I love you all so dearly! Kendra - I don't even know what to say here. You hold a very special place in my heart. Even after all these years apart, you are still the best friend I could ever have been blessed with and I am so glad that we are able to keep in touch better now! Linda, where would I be now, had God not placed you in my path? You have reflected God's patience and love to me when I was so full of doubt. And you and Michele and Alison have really helped me deal with living in France and made such a difference in my acceptance of being away from my american friends and family. Isabelle and Marie, I don't guess you'll ever read this as it is in english but je suis tellement contente de vous avoir rencontré à l'école. Vous m'avez soutenue et je crois que je n'aurai pas eu le courage d'aller jusqu'au bout si vous n'aviez pas été là. And Dianne and Allison, I'm very thankful that I can call you my friends even though you're my sisters! You've both always been there for me no matter what, never judging, never giving up on me, always listening, and always making me laugh and feel better when I'm down.
Thank you , God, for filling my life with so much love, fun and laughter with such special women!
1. Family. Those who are far away but still just as close to my heart. And those who are here with me. And those who have left us behind and who helped shape me into who I am today.
Thank you, God, for blessing me with such a large boisterous group of fun, loving, caring people.
My greatest desire would be to have all of you on the same continent! My heart is torn in two. But I'm so lucky to have all of you and be surrounded by so much love!
OK so if anyone made it to the end of this, congratulations! And sorry, hehehe!
Or maybe you just skipped to the end where the picture is?
That was a good idea. Very clever of you! This picture can just sum up all that I'm thankful for (love, family, special women, growth, and a comfy bed!)
This is that picture I promised of Aubrey, the latest addition to that big boisterous group I call family. Isn't she beautiful?