You might remember that i sometimes partake in caroleknits ten on tuesday mime that i ran across thanks to kim from the woolen rabbit. . I didnt get to last weeks, but this week she didnt seem to get a subject out so i'm doing last week's a little late :).
The subject for last time was : Ten things you always take with you on a trip
(me at the airport from my last trip, doing what i do best - scouting out a starbucks as there are no starbucks around here! (GASP! i know! can you believe it!)
- knitting : This is the most important thing i take with me! I spend much more time thinking on what project i will want to work on on the plane or in the car, what projects i will want to work on oncei get where i'm going. This is truly the first thing i decide on and the thing i make sure i have room for - fortunately it doesnt take up a lot of room ;D
- make-up : and i dont even wear make-up very often (well i go through phases, it used to be very important to me, then no make-up whatsoever for years, and recently make-up every day again because i've been doing my hair up vintage-style and wearing cat's wing eyeliner and RED lips lately - part of my weight loss efforts - long story - if i ihavent talked about my lipstick plan, remind me and i will ;) ) but i always take a ton when i travel. i mean, really, what if i decide to get duded up and dont have any makeup? i was quite proud of myself over my last two trips. i took one eyeliner and mascara, 3 lipsticks, and an all in one foundation and powder. MUCH better :D And i didnt even miss the rest :D
- lotion : i have these great plans to rescue my crocodile legs. I think i'll have all this time and energy to lotion up over trips. i never take the time to do it though. so my lotion, which usually sits unloved in my bathroom, travels overseas with me and...sits in my suitcase...then i bring it back home to its usual bathroom spot. poor unloved lotion ;P
- clothes, obviously lol : though they take up a surprisingly small percentage of my suitcase space. usually one pair of jeans on me, one i take, and 5 ish tops.
- undergraments, again, duh! lol : after my yarnie obsessions this is my next big concern. i have to go through and pick out my favorite most comfy undergarments and pack them with love lol
- toiletries...duh once more. though what's intersting about my toiletrie bag is that i bring no comb or brush. i never ever ever used to use either. however now that i do victory rolls quite often,i do use a comb to back comb and a brush to untangle the back-combed rat's nest that evening.
- bible : my bible is absolutely ginormous and very heavy. i always bring it because much like my lotion time, i think ill put aside all this special spiritual time while im travelling. i never do. most times i dont even crack it open. my sister told me i had better not bring that big old thing next time, that she obviously has one i can borrow if needs be lol.
- chocolate or other gift, but 99% of the time, it includes chocolate in some form or another : im a choco-holic which means i obviously think everyone else in their right mind would totally agree with me that chocolate is the very best gift you can ever receive
- did i mention knitting? : i mean, really, what if i actually finish that mega-lace shawl and the sweater and the gloves and the hat i planned on taking? i need to have something else to cast on, right?! i mean, you get it, right?
- ok so that doesnt really count ;) it was number 1 after all right? my ipod! with more than i could possibly listen to on it. my constant companion
- yoga mat and dvds and work out clothes and shoes and bathing suit and goggles : same syndrome as lotion and make-up and bible. HAVE to bring these because i just know i'll have dedicated yoga, swimming, and exercise time every single day...and i never get any of them out. yoga mat may not be very heavy but that dude takes up a lot of room lol.
I just realized i didnt even put money and passports and bank card on the list. that of course goes with me too! Gosh, there really is a lot to bring along, huh?
And return trip? ROFLOL! Ask my sis about that!!!
So what do you bring along on your trips? Am i the only silly willy out there?