You know I've been hating my job and pining away my vactaion time over having to go back!
Why I hate my job : 1. the stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. the "acharnement therapeutique" that would be...uh.... not leaving 90 year old alzheimer cancer ridden patients alone (i.e. putting a tube in and hooking them up to a machine instead of letting them pass away in peace surrounded by their loved ones)
3. the lack of respect from the doctors we work for/with
4. the organization
5. the general flow of the work day - crazy hectic.
6. the way we're ignored when we're trying to do our job (I in ICU - continual monitering so if something starts to go wrong, we can know right away and call the doctor right away - they typically tend to dismiss us like we're stupid. So we call 30 minutes later with an emergency situation that could have been taken care of in a more calm organized manner. Also, while trying pass over to the night nurse, the drs always choose that time to come into our office and loudly "shoot the s***". Gee thanks!
Why I like my job 1. the hours (though very tiring, at least I get a buttload of days off and many days where kids are at school which means time to myself ;) )
2. the stability comfort and security - I know everyone, they all know me
3. my teammates.
4. flexibilty as far asasking for vacation
Why am i talking about this yet again?
I just saw an ad on the unemployment office board - needed, assistant director for a daycare in Montpellier.
Here daycares are government regulated and are always run by nurses (usually pediatric nurses) or youth educators. They have a role in monitoring the psychological and physical development and environment of the children in the center. I would be in charge of a lot of paperwork, in charge of the team and under the director's orders, in charge of developping different programs for the children and pretty much setting the overall tone of the environment. Is this something I'm capable of?
Is this what I'm meant to do (I do believe God wants to use us all according to our gifts but I'm having trouble finding mine and discerning His will for my life)?
The good things about this job - 1. no weekends.
2. not at all the same kind of stress that I'm having more and more trouble dealing with
3. no more alzheimers patients or people wigging out totally
4. a "normal" work life, with evenings with kids, business hours like everyone else
the bad things about this job 1. instead of a monthly commute time of about 15 hours, I'll have about 40 hours of driving per month!
2. no more alone time
3. same hours as everyone else - when will i get things done, like post office, shopping while others are at work...
I think I would enjoy this but I don't want to regret it, am not sure I'm capable and mostly I really want to make the right choice for my family and to discern God's will.